The sad truth of life is that most of us take things for granted. How many of us are able to wipe efficiently without a bum wiping aid? Not many. Here’s another fact, chances are you’ve never had a conversation on butt wipers. Isn’t it too embarrassing? Many of us are ashamed of speaking out. Especially if we’re talking about personal hygiene matters. Here are the 4 best butt wipers in a nutshell.
Butt wipers such as the best bottom wiper for obese, help regain cleaning mobilities perhaps after they’re lost due to obesity, surgery, pregnancy or pain in the joints. The best bottom wipers are customizable to the customer’s needs. This means that you will clean efficiently, discreetly and most importantly – you won’t lose your dignity. Sometimes accidents come with unforeseen challenges.
How do obese people wipe?
Quick question: Stop being selfish. Has it ever crossed your mind how obese people clean it up down there after taking a number two? Think of pregnant women, how do they clean their mess after taking a dump. I mean, it’s not as easy cleaning up when you’re on the eighth month of pregnancy, right? Think of it, should you really compromise on personal hygiene in the name of pregnancy, obesity or being handicapped? Sometimes a toilet wiping aid for handicapped is necessary due to unforeseen mobility challenges. I often hear people asking “how do fat people wipe?” Guess what, there’s such a thing as tools designed for those who can’t reach to wipe bottom.
Can wiping aids be helpful to the handicapped?
As a caregiver in a famous local nursing home, I’ve seen handicapped clients and senior citizens dread long calls. Their biggest challenge is that they’re unable to clean up efficiently afterwards unless they use aid for wiping bottom. Perhaps due to mobility challenges or arms being too short. This means that they will either have to spend the rest of the day feeling uncomfortable or take a shower afterwards. When talking to them, I often advise them to empty their bowels before taking a shower. I’m sure you’re seeing the wisdom in this life hack. Sadly, this is a temporary solution to a permanent problem in most cases. They actually need a butt wiper when they can’t reach to wipe bottom. Today I’ll review some of the best butt wipers. Honestly speaking, I haven’t used either but I’m sure they work based on the reviews my clients give me (discreetly of course)
Freedom wand (best wiping aid for obese)
Aren’t the creators behind these toilet wiping aids awesome? They figured out that in addition to having “arms too short” to wipe, showering and shaving must be giving you a hard time too. They devised an all-in-one solution. Ladies and gentlemen say hello to Freedom wand toiletry tool. You get a shower loofah, wiping aid and a shaver for the price of one. This multipurpose butt wiping tool has a 21-inch handle meaning that you’ll reach even the farthest regions with ease. Biologically speaking, the average arm is 25 inches long. Add another 21 inches to that and your frustrations are gone. For the curious: It’s shaped like a hockey stick
Guide: How to use the freedom wand wiping aid
- Start by extending the wand to the desired length. You could even use the head only. The best part is that you’re only required to do this once. Well, unless you need to make finer adjustments over time
- On its head roll up the desired quantity of tissue paper. You could even use toilet wipes as they’re more effective
- Carefully roll it over your you know what. You will notice that you won’t have a hard time wiping.
- Push the release button to detach the toilet paper
Why customers enjoy using freedom wands
- It’s multipurpose – you get a wiping aid, shaver and a loofah holder too
- Comes with a discreet carrying bag for obvious reasons
- Expendable up to 21 inches. You could even wipe while standing (seriously)
- A few customers complained that it didn’t give the firm grip they were expecting
- Comes with a premium price tag
Bottom Buddy – the best alternative wiping aids for obese
This is the ideal wiping aid if your arms are too short. If they never get past your bum while wiping, then you’ll fall in love with this wiping aid. Out of the box, it comes with an eleven-inch handle. Even though it’s not as long as Freedom wand, it has a softer head that is more effective at holding the tissue paper in place while you do your business. Out of the many tools available, this is the best butt wiper that lets you hygienically clean your nether regions.
In the packaging box, you will also find a subtle carrying bag meaning that you can store it well amongst your other luggage.
Guide: how to wipe front to back with short arms using Bottom Buddy
- Start by rolling wet wipes or toilet paper to the three-forked head. Smooth toilet papers work best
- Roll over the tissue carefully ensuring that it covering the head fully.
- Use this bariatric toilet aid to reach perineal area
- Repeat wiping if need be
- Press the release button to disengage the tissue
Major Selling Points
It’s the best wiping aid for people with shorter arms. This makes it suitable for the obese handicapped and disabled. They get to clean up after taking a dump without losing their dignity or feeling ashamed.
- The handle is long and comfortable
- The head is thin and made of soft fabric ensuring that it doesn’t rub on the “cheeks”
- You get a complimentary carrying case.
- It’s a multipurpose bariatric wiping aid in that you can use it on the “front” or “bottom”
What customers didn’t like
A few customers were complaining that the handle wasn’t as durable.
Butt Wiper from Bottom Buddy Overview
I haven’t had a chance to interact with someone who’s used this one yet. However, judging from the high Amazon ratings, I can tell that it’s a good wiper. I’ll just shamelessly paraphrase what one of them had to say (Sorry Bezos). Stoutreader said that she bought two, one for use at home and the other one for use at the office. She confesses that she was too pregnant to wipe well then.
Buckingham Toilet Aid
With a 15-inch handle, it’s longer than the two versions of Bottom Buddy we’ve seen above. Obviously, it’s no match for the Freedom Wand. perhaps obese people stand to gain most from this utility as they have arms too short to wipe front to back. Looking at its soft head, you can attach tissue paper or toilet rolls. It all boils down to personal opinion and whatever works best. Once you’re done hit the release button and you won’t have to get your hands dirty (If you catch my drift)
Read read the full review here
Pros: Why customers love Buckingham easywipe
- With it, you can clean efficiently even if you have short hands as it has a long handle. This comes in handy when you can’t reach to wipe front to back
- The soft rubbing end is easy on the cheeks and sensitive skin next to the crevice
- You don’t need to touch soiled toilet paper thanks to the push to release button
- The handle isn’t as durable and may fold up after heavy usage
4 in one wiper
Boasting 17 inches of length, this scrubber lets you clean without straining. However, this is more beneficial to patients who need to apply ointments such as antibacterial medications o their nether regions. The handicapped, elderly, pregnant and obese can benefit from it too but it would be an overkill if they’re just looking for something that gets the job done.
Major Selling points
- It’s all in one – wipes the butt, helps apply ointments to the back, can hold wet wipes. In fact, you could even use it as a back scratcher
- 1. The edge isn’t as smoothened. Use carefully lest you end up with injuries. The skin back there is alittle sensitive and the last thing you want is sharp objects near it.
- Being a multipurpose tool, the manufacturer compromised on its butt wiping capabilities and it doesn’t have a push to release button. Even though the grip isn’t slide-proof, it’s a steal at that price tag
List Price: $24.99Price Disclaimer
Toilet aid with Caddy from Juvo
The two guys behind this factory never disappoint. With their latest innovation, The Juvo Caddy Aid, this wiping aid has an effective grip that holds onto toilet papers and tissues when you need it to and an efficient release system. The strong handles facilitate for both forward and backwards wiping strokes. However, note that physicians advise against performing a front wiping stroke as you may transfer bacteria.
- Easy to use – the elderly can use it to clean up after taking a number two without needing external help. I mean, wouldn’t they want to preserve their dignity?
- The handle is long and comfortable enough for easy reach.
- Easy to carry while travelling
A few customers were complaining that this tool has a short lifespan. They obese found it rather uncomfortable.
self-wipe bathroom toilet aid
I’m typically sceptical of self-promotion and didn’t take it kindly when the guys behind this butt wiper termed it as the best bottom wiping aid. However, after talking to my clients who’ve used it, they confessed that it was rather comfortable and effective. I expected such feedback when conducting myself wipe toilet aid reviews. The smooth, rubber edge is rounded giving it a durable feel throughout its lifespan.
The 14-inch handle is long enough to get the job done
It’s too large making it unsuitable toilet wipes. You’ll have to make do with toilet paper and we all know that it’s not as effective.
jobar long reach comfort wipe
Low prices often attract low-quality products but the long reach comfort wipe toilet aid is an exception. This long reach wiper is affordable, effective and lightweight. If you’re not sure whether toilet aids are right for you, go with this one. It’s not a huge investment and you won’t regret if it’s not as comfortable as you expected. In this comfort wipe review, I noticed that even this toilet aid for obese is affordable to most people. Take time looking at the comfort wipe infomercial and you will notice that it’s as good as seen on TV.
With a 15.5-inch handle, anyone can use it to maintain high personal hygiene.
The handle will break faster than you think
How to wipe your bum with two broken arms
- Start by unrolling the toilet paper or unpacking the wet toilet wipes
- While holding the handle place them on the butt wipers head and they will be secured in place.
- The head comes with a holder. Fasten it to ensure that the wet wipes won’t come off while you’re at your thing
- Point the tool at your bottom and wipe. Back strokes are preferred by doctors.
- Once you’re done, pull away from the tool from your rear and aim at the toilet whole
- Disengage the locking mechanism by pushing the release button
- You may repeat wiping if need be.
Pro Tip: Longer handles typically require more pressure when wiping. Take this into consideration when shopping for a butt wiper
Who needs a bottom wiping tool?
Those patients with limited mobility will not be able to use a butt wiper. The following groups of people will gain most from using this tool
- The obese and overweight
- Pregnant women
- The handicapped, disabled and less privileged
- Senior citizens
Did you know that when faecal matter accumulates around the anus it may lead to bacterial infection? If you do not wipe your butt well, you’re exposing yourself to bacterial infections and probably irritation. Girls and ladies are at a higher risk of contracting UTIs after improper wiping for obvious reasons.
Warning; These wiping aids should not be used by people with bruises or cuts around the anus. The skin around this area is sensitive and using such aids may aggregate the cuts leading to inflammations. In such an instance, you should not use a toilet wipe aid. Experts around the world offer mixed opinions on whether wipes are more effective in comparison to toilet paper. Most people, however, believe that wet wipes are more effective but they are still sticking to toilet paper as it gives a conventional feel. This raises a philosophical dilemma. Should you opt for functionality or comfort? Well, it’s a matter of personal opinion. What do you think?